I can’t believe it the weekend again! Time really flies!
We are going out for another Alaskan King Crab Dinner this weekend again, on Sunday, mainly because it’s on special now. Usually the Alaskan King Crab cost more than $25 / pound and this month of the year is usually the best for King Crab and restaurants are selling it between $9.99 – $14.99 per pound. I am anticipating a huge food bill for this month 🙁 OUCH! Anyway, here’s a picture of the crab we ate last week.
This is only PART of the crab and it’s super juicy and yummy. We had the restaurant steamed all the legs with garlic (seen in picture), then had them use soy sauce, green onion and ginger and stir fry the joints and use the King Crab shell to make a rice 🙂
Tomorrow night, BF and invited my parents and sister over dinner because it was my dad’s birthday. They’ve never seen BF’s place before and it’ll be nice to be able to invite them over for dinner 🙂 I’ll be baking a Japanese cheesecake for my dad as his birthday cake and BF will make his famous Ox Tail Dish (Yum) and Barbecue Ribs…my mouth is watering now!
Now that you’ve seen all the yumminess, here is my weekly recipe:
Fresh Pesto Chicken Pasta:
2.5 Cup of Bow Tie Pasta
1 Cup of Shredded Cheese (I used 5 Cheese Mix Bag)
2 Cups of Basil (Fresh)
1-2 tablespoon of of Pine Nuts (optional)
3 – 4 Cloves of Garlic (depend how much garlic you like!)
1/2 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Chicken breast (chopped) – I used roast chicken breast so it’s already cooked!
While the pasta is cooking, you can get started with the pesto sauce:
1. Wash and dry basil leaves. Take the leaves off the stem! 🙂
2. Add 3 – 4 Cloves of Garlic into the chopper. Make sure the Garlic is all diced up!
3. Add the pine nuts into the chopper until chopped
4. Then add the basil leaves into the chopper (see picture)
5. Once you see the basil leaves are pretty much chopped up, add in the olive oil
6. Blend the basil, garlic and pine nuts with the olive oil until it becomes a thick paste
7. Heat a pan to heat/ cook pesto sauce until fragrant.
8. Stir the chicken bits into the sauce! Then add 1/2 cup of cheese into it!
8. Your pasta should be done by now. Drain pasta and add the pasta into the pesto sauce! Mix! Enjoy!
I made 4 lunches out of the above ingredients! 🙂
If you have left over pesto sauce, you can freeze it in ice cube trays and pop one out when you need it! 🙂
Don’t add cheese to the pesto sauce if you are going to freeze it though!